Steroid injections are used in Podiatric medicine to treat a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders. A corticosteroid medication can be injected into or around a joint, tendon, or ligament and is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation
A full MSK Assessment and consultation prior to receiving a steroid Injection will consider your full medical history, your symptoms, your lifestyle and other relevant factors. Your specialist Podiatrist will discuss all of the treatment options available to you before you decide whether a Steroid Injection is for you.
Steroid Injections can be useful in the treatment of the following conditions;
- Plantar fasciitis & Heel Pain
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Hallux Rigidus /Llimitus
- Sinus Tarsi syndrome
- Ligament injury
The potential benefits of a Steroid Injection include:
- Provides relief from pain and discomfort.
- Helps to improve range of motion at the joint.
- Allows you to return to normal activity.
- Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Steroid injections have fewer side effects than oral steroids.
- Injections work faster and more directly than creams or NSAIDS such as ibuprofen.
A Steroid Injection is provided as part of a package that will include the procedure itself and a review at about one month later, to assess your progress and discuss the ongoing management of your symptoms or condition. This package is provided by specialist Podiatrist Mark Brooksbank.
To be assessed for a Steroid Injection please contact us or book your appointment for an MSK Assessment online.