It is important to us at The Foot Clinic that we respect and protect your privacy. This notice sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the user, the website www.thefootclinicpaignton.co.uk and us at The Foot Clinic. Furthermore, the way we use, store, and protect any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will also be detailed within this notice.
The Information We Collect
When an appointment is made with The Foot Clinic the personal data that we may collect from you include:
- Date of Birth
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Medical Information
- GP/ Consultant Details
- Payment Information
The Foot Clinic is becoming increasingly paperless. Any paper files are kept securely in a locked filing cabinet with access restricted to Practitioners and administrative members of the Clinics team. Your digital information is held on a secure medical software (Cliniko) and is fully password protected and again with restricted access.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
Where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support.
When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by agreeing to direct marketing from The Foot Clinic.
If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
From time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material which may include product offers and newsletters. If you would rather not receive direct marketing from us then please opt out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not share your information with third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients/customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent I will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
Cliniko secure medical software is used to book your appointments, provide electronic note keeping and storage for your data, send out invoices, send out receipts and store clinic letters. We also send SMS and email appointment confirmations and reminders via this software. All data in relation to your clinical management is processed and stored here.
First Data is used to process card payments from customers. Details of what personal data First Data collects and how they use it can be found in their privacy statement at www.firstdata.com.
Your consent is required to allow us to provide you with the services and treatments that we offer.
If you withhold consent we will not be able to offer you our services or treatment.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, The Practice Manager, Daniel Stapleton-Hall is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me by email at email@example.com
Alternately, you may contact me at:
The Foot Clinic, 300b Torquay Road, Paignton. TQ3 2ER. Telephone 01803 525533.